This is a specialised course providing treasury professionals, in financial institutions, service and manufacturing corporations and public institutions,
with the skills and knowledge to capitalise on the opportunities available in the local and global financial markets. The programme aims to strengthen
the treasury function, as on completion students are expected to have:acquired a thorough understanding of how the financial systems and individual products work; understood the rationale and treasury management strategies that financial players employ; develop competencies to analyse the products and strategies used to manage treasury risk and gained a practical understanding of how derivatives work with their implications on balance sheets and regulatory adherence.
Objectives of the Programme
• To equip students in the private and public sectors with effective treasury
management skills and knowledge.
• To develop competencies in practitioners in treasury management to plan
and deal with treasury and liquidity demand and cost effectively fund the
operations of the business.
• To encourage a culture of relationship and risk based treasury manage
ment in Zimbabwe so as to contain liquidity risk exposure.
• To highlight the role of information management and analytics in treasury
and financial management.
• To promote career development in treasury management and related
• At least 5 O’ Levels at grade C or better inclusive of English and
mathematics. However, candidates who do not have O; Level
mathematics can apply and shall be required to successfully complete a
compulsory mathematics access course (Quantitative Methods CQM 1100)
before commencement of the programme.
• A minimum of two years’ relevant work experience.
• Higher qualification will be an added advantage.
Duration of Programme
The programme consisting of coursework shall normally be completed over 24 months in an intensive part-time basis (week-ends).
Download Course Materials