Risk and Loss Management
The programme is designed for professional risk management and business loss control specialists who are interested in significantly advancing their
career in the area of risk management including senior and mid-level managers who need to grasp the concepts of risk management. The programme also aims to develop students who appreciate the process and how to implement enterprise wide risk management (ERM). The course will meet the needs of those professionals with technical and supervisory skills in risk and loss control but not holders of formal training qualification. On completion of this learning programme students should be able to demonstrate competence in: applying a risk management framework in the execution of their duties and developing risk management policies, procedures and methodologies for their organizations.
Objectives of the Programme
• To develop competencies in practitioners in business risk and loss
management to identify, assess, monitor and manage all business risks
cost effectively to optimize on the operations and performance of the
• To highlight the role of information management and analytics in business
management to manage the business risk profile and exposure.
• To promote career development in risk and loss management and related
• At least 5 O’ Levels at grade C or better inclusive of English and
mathematics. However, candidates who do not have O; Level
mathematics can apply and shall be required to successfully complete a
compulsory mathematics access course (Quantitative Methods CQM 1100)
before commencement of the programme.
• A minimum of two years’ relevant work experience.
• Higher qualification will be an added advantage.
Duration of Programme
The programme consisting of coursework shall normally be completed over 24 months in an intensive part-time basis (week-ends).
Download Course Materials