The programme is designed for professional credit management, business risk management specialists who are interested in significantly advancing
their careers in the area of credit management. The programme is essentially intended to increase awareness and capability to improve credit
origination, administration and performance of the business. As the economy adapts to the competitive pressures of the regional and global economy. Areas of study include: credit evaluation and modeling, credit risk analysis and credit law and litigation management, credit policy and standards, financial analytics and creative accounting. The course will meet the needs of those professionals across the credit function with technical and supervisory skills.
Objectives of the Programme
• To equip students in the private and public sectors with effective credit
management skills and knowlledge.
• To develop competencies in practitioners in credit management to
originate, and administer credit portfolios of their businesses.
• To encourage a culture of relationship and risk based credit management
in Zimbabwe so as to contain the effects of credit deterioration and
• To highlight the role of information management and analytics in credit
• To promote career development in credit management and related
• At least 5 O’ Levels at grade C or better inclusive of English and
mathematics. However, candidates who do not have O; Level
mathematics can apply and shall be required to successfully complete a
compulsory mathematics access course (Quantitative Methods CQM 1100)
before commencement of the programme.
• A minimum of two years’ relevant work experience.
• Higher qualification will be an added advantage.
Duration of Programme
The programme consisting of coursework shall normally be completed over 24 months in an intensive part-time basis (week-ends).
Download Course Materials